Friday 22 May 2015

Leftover Corned Beef & Lentil Soup

Thursday Dinner

- Leftover Corned Beef & Lentil Soup

To make use of the leftover corned beef and about 2L of beef stock, I made a lentil soup.  In a pressure cooker, fry onion, garlic and celery with small amount of oil before adding beef stock, green lentils(2cups, soaked for 30mins) and a bayleaf.  Cook for 15mins under pressure.  Once the pressure is released naturally, add corned beef pieces, green beans and eggs to poach.  Cook on low heat until egg white is set.

It was tasty enough but I realised that I am not a fan of corned beef or maybe beef in general.  I found myself keep pushing the meat to the side and ended up giving some to Hubby but enjoyed the rest of the soup.  It might have been better if the meat was shredded, only for my liking.

No comments:

Post a Comment