- Low Carb Okonomiyaki
- Leftover Chicken
Okonomiyaki, sometimes called as Japanese savoury pancake is a popular Japanese dish in Australia. I made a low carb version using soy pulp (Okara) and tin tuna. It was light and fluffy but I will make it with bacon next time. Sweet and savoury sauce is always a winner for hubby.
Low Carb Okonomiyaki (Japanese savoury pancake) Recipe (Serves 4)
- 200g Okara
- 100g water or Dashi
- 2tsp psyllium husk
- 4 eggs
- 200g tin tuna
- 1Tbsp mayonnaise
- 200g cauliflower leaves or cabbage, finely chopped
- 1tsp fish(bonito) powder
- 1/2~1tsp salt
- 1/2tsp baking powder (can be omitted)
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together
- Heat a frypan with a small amount of oil, pour the mixture in and spread evenly
- Once the edges are browned, transfer it to an oven
- Cook in the 180˚C oven until browned and cooked through for about 20mins
- Serve with bonito flakes, Aonori seaweed, Okonomi sauce* and red ginger.
*Okonomi sauce is a thick sweet and savoury sauce for Okonomiyaki or Takoyaki. It can be made by mixing oyster sauce, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and honey.