Tuesday 10 March 2015

Meatballs and Mashed Okara

Monday Dinner

- Beef Meatballs
- Mashed Okara
- Stir-fried Water Spinach (Kang Kong)
- Stir-fried Tomatoes and Eggs  

I always keep homemade meatballs in freezer for emergency backups when I don't have any protein in fridge or when I don't feel like cooking anything.  Yesterday was former.  Throw frozen meatballs in 180˚C oven with veggies (green beans, mushroom and broccoli) and cook for 20mins while preparing side dishes.  I seasoned water spinach with fish sauce and used oyster sauce for tomatoes and eggs.

I made way too much food for 2 people and probably didn't need mashed Okara, but it turned out pretty good (recipe below).  This is a low-carb version of mashed potatoes but could also be rice or noodle substitute for people on low-carb diet.  I also think this has a potential to be made into a low-carb white sauce with more milk or water.  I will definitely be trying that in the near future.


Mashed Okara Recipe (Serves 6)

Ingredients
  • 200g Okara
  • 200ml Milk
  • 50~150ml Water (depending on how wet Okara is)
  • 2 Tbsp Psyllium Husk
  • 50g Cheese
  • 10g Butter
  • Salt to taste

Method
  1. Add milk and cheese in a pan
  2. When cheese is melted, add Okara and psyllium husk and mix well
  3. Add water till it achieves consistency of your liking
  4. Add butter and salt to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment