Thursday 9 April 2015

Grilled Saury with Lemon

Wednesday Dinner

- Grilled Saury with Lemon
- Germinated Brown Rice (GBR)
- Osuimono Soup with Tofu and Wakame
- Pickled Cucumber

My husband and I went camping over the Easter long weekend.  We love to go camping on long weekends as much as possible to get away from the City.  There are just too many people and too many cars in Sydney.  I grew up in Tokyo but I am not a city-girl.

After 15 years on no-meat diet, I have started eating meat last year.  For past 12 months, I have eaten so much of it that I am bit sick of it now and thinking about ditching low-carb diet and just eat whatever my heart desires.  I think low-carb, paleo or keto diet are really great for losing weight but I am underweight and do not wish to lose or gain weight at the moment so I am not sure if there is any reasons for me to be on low-carb diet. 

Well, I know the importance of protein in diet from my vegan phase, and fish was the obvious substitute to meat.  I keep frozen saury in freezer so I gutted, cleaned 3 whole fish and seasoned with salt and pepper.  Filled the belly with onion, lemon slices, dill, mushrooms then grilled in 180˚C oven for 20mins.  Served with GBR and a clear soup.  The fish had crispy skin and moist fatty flesh.  I am pretty happy with how it turned out.

I made pickled cucumber by simmering sliced cucumber with 4Tbsp soy sauce, 2Tbsp apple cider vinegar, 1tsp Korean chilli powder and 10g ginger until almost all the liquid is reduced.  It is a good condiment to go with plain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment