Monday 13 April 2015

Wild Mushroom Picking


Autumn is here!  Hubby and I went to mushroom picking on the weekend and we loved it very much.  Foraging in a calm pine plantation forest was such a relaxing and therapeutic experience.  I do recommend it for people who appreciate tranquility.

Picking wild mushrooms is not so scary if you do your research well and prepare accordingly.  Google "mushroom picking nsw" and you will find all the information you need.

Saffron milk cup mushrooms are very delicate and bruises easily.  I suggest transporting in a tray or a shallow basket in one layer.  Do not be alarmed if your pee turns orange after eating this mushrooms.

I cooked the mushrooms with butter, garlic and salt.  It was crunchy, juicy and delicious.  They were also tasty stir-fried with salami.  I would definitely be going back to pick more wild mushrooms this Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment