Tuesday 14 April 2015

Lemon Ginger Chicken

Monday Dinner

- Lemon Ginger Chicken Drumsticks
- Pumpkin and Green Beans
- Egg Salad

Do you like ginger? and where do you keep your ginger?  I love ginger very much and I keep grated ginger in a flat ziplock bag in freezer at all times.  The grating process is done in Vitamix.  My mum keeps ginger in Japanese spirits (Sho-chu).  I would never waste Sho-chu for that.

I am still not excited about eating meat but I had drumsticks in the fridge that needed to be eaten so marinated with lemon zest, grated ginger, lemon juice, salt and pepper then grilled in the 180˚C oven for 30mins.  Whenever I can, I try to cook something else on the bottom rack while the oven is on.

Roast veggies or nuts, bake bread, cookies, cakes or granola are all great use of the oven heat.  Yesterday, I roasted pumpkin, apple and green beans.  Simply roasted apple pieces turned out to be a wonderfully sweet and tart apple jam.  I love having this simple apple sauce with yoghurt in the morning.  No added sweetener is the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment