Wednesday 22 April 2015

Pulled Beef with Lamb Kidney

Tuesday Dinner

- Pulled Beef with Lamb Kidney
- Steamed Broccoli
- Boiled Eggs

Do you own a slow cooker or a pressure cooker?  I don't think there are too many people who own both.  I love my Silit pressure cooker so much that I have no desire for a slow cooker.  

In a pressure cooker, 1kg of pulled beef only needs 20mins of cooking time after pressurised but if I include the time it takes to be pressurised and to be depressurised naturally, it would take at least 40mins.  So I understand completely that some people don't have that 40mins and would suit them to cook 8hrs in a slow cooker and have it ready when they get home.  Having a dinner ready when you get home does sound appealing, too.

1kg of beef blade was cut into 5cm cubes and placed in a pressure cooker with 1cup of water, soy sauce, fish sauce, chilli bean paste (Toubanjan), ginger, garlic, spring onion, onion, lamb kidney(pre-cooked, diced).  Cooked for 20mins after pressurised then depressurised naturally.  I didn't even sear the meat first but turned out delicious.

Remove the beef then shred using two forks.  Reduce the liquid in a pressure cooker then pour on top of the shredded meat.  You could thicken the sauce with tapioca starch but I didn't bother.  Serve with steamed broccoli and boiled eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment