- Low-Carb Pulled Beef Croquette
- Sautéed Sauerkraut, Carrot and Celery
- Blaised Mushrooms
- Miso Soup (Tofu/Wakame)
Croquettes are one of the most popular dish in Japanese home cooking. Many people grow up eating mother's homemade croquettes or the ones we buy hot from a butcher. I am the latter and am not a big fan of croquettes but I remember the warmth of croquettes (deep-fried on order) in my hand on the way home.
My low-carb croquettes are made with Okara (soy pulp) instead of potatoes because I don't buy potatoes (Recipe below). Okara by itself is dry and boring but it transforms into to something magical with a touch of psyllium husk. I think of Okara as almond flour substitute with a lot of moisture.
Low-Carb Pulled Beef Croquette (Makes 6, Serves3-4)
- 135g Okara (soy pulp)
- 300g Leftover pulled beef
- 1tsp Psyllium husk
- 2 handfuls of coconut fine
- Dry roast coconut fine in a frypan until golden brown
- Mix all the other ingredients (add water if too dry)
- Shape into 6 balls
- Roll in the toasted coconut fine to coat
- Bake in the oven until warm