Monday 20 April 2015

Prawn Paella

Sunday Dinner

- Prawn Paella

Sundays used to be "Paella Night" a few years ago before I went on a low-carb diet.  Right now, I am torn between whether to go back to a conventional diet or a low-carb diet.  Hubby needs to lose 4kg and I don't think it is possible on a conventional diet because he loves craft beer too much and I don't want to take that away from him.

My paella is nowhere near authentic but easy and simple.  Start by sweating garlic and onion with a generous amount of olive oil in a shallow casserole.  When onion is softened, add 200g raw rice (unwashed) and keep stirring.  When all the rice is coated with oil, add 300ml stock (homemade using prawn head is best).  Add cubed tomatoes and place a lid.  Cook for 15mins on low heat.  Add seafood, broccoli, red capsicum in the last 5mins.

I like to add turmeric in the stock for a bright coloured rice!  Sweet prawns were so good...Got to get more prawns next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment