Friday 10 April 2015

Salmon Cakes with Creamy Dill Sauce

Thursday Dinner

- Salmon Cakes
- Steamed Green Beans
- Tofu Salad with Sesame Dressing

Seafood dinner for two days in a row!  I still don't feel like eating meat so made salmon fish cakes last night.  I drained 400g tin salmon and mixed with finely chopped (in Vitamix) onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms.  Seasoned with Miso, dijon mustard, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper.  Shaped into round cakes then baked in 180˚C oven for 20-30mins.  Added green beans in the last 5mins.  

I always loved vegetables even when I was a little kid.  I think veggies have amazing flavours as it is.  All you need is a bit of love and care and to remember not to overcook it.  The green beans were so sweet and crunchy and juicy.  They would be a great snack and with dips.

For creamy dill sauce, I mixed sour cream, lemon juice, chopped capers and gherkin, dill, salt and pepper.  Salmon cakes were well seasoned so didn't really need the sauce tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment