Thursday 26 March 2015

BBQ Pork Ribs

Wednesday Dinner

- BBQ Pork Ribs
- Corn &Tomato Salad
- Turnip & Carrot Slaw
- Tofu with Chunky Chilli Oil

On my weekly grocery shopping, I asked for 500g of pork ribs at a butcher and this is what I got.  I wasn't paying attention and was surprised to find 800g of it when I got home.

I was going to marinate with American style sticky BBQ sauce and freeze it for camping next week but since the cut wasn't what I wanted, I decided to cook for dinner this week.

I made BBQ sauce by blending onion, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, pineapple juice in Vitamix.  It was bit watery since I didn't have tomato sauce but tasted okay.  Cooked marinated pork ribs in 180˚C oven for 40mins.  Pork is ready when internal temperature reaches 70˚C.

The fatty parts were chewy so this cut maybe better to be braised in a pressure cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment