Wednesday 18 March 2015

Chinese Style Pulled Pork

Tuesday Dinner

- Chinese Style Pulled Pork
- Lettuce Salad
- Sauerkraut

Pulled pork is the latest addition to my "go-to" recipes.  It is quick, easy and versatile.  It will take any flavours and this time, I made it Chinese style.

I don't have a recipe because I just used the broth in freezer from the last time I made Chinese style braised pork.  I usually use soy sauce, white wine, ginger, celery leaf, spring onion (green parts), onion, star anise for Chinese style pork.

Just throw 1kg of pork shoulder and flavour of your choice + enough liquid (e.g. water) to cover at least half of the meat and cook for 30mins after pressurised.  Reduce heat to low after completely pressurised.

Once depressurised naturally, remove the meat and shred using 2 forks.  Reduce the liquid in the pressure cooker and pour over the shredded meat.  I cooked Shimeji(pearl) mushrooms and eggplant in the liquid while being reduced.

Served with lettuce, tomatoes, carrot and sauerkraut.  Since the pork isn't too salty, it goes well with sauerkraut.  Wrap it with lettuce or have it as salad, whatever you desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment