Wednesday 25 March 2015

Moroccan Meatball Tagine

Tuesday Dinner

- Moroccan Meatball Tagine
- Leftover Salad

Although I love claypots, I will never want to own a tagine because it takes up too much space in the kitchen.  I can still make exotic tagine dishes in a shallow casserole, Japanese claypots (Donabe) or even in a frypan as I did last night.

This dish is simply beef meatballs cooked in spiced tomato sauce with poached eggs and I loved the moist meatballs.  I used frozen meatballs from last week when I made scotch eggs.  The seasonings I used for tomato sauce were lemon zest, cinnamon, black olives, paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper.  

I prefer cooking beef meatballs in a sauce since it tends to be dry when cooked.  I added cooked chickpeas for extra protein as well as to thicken the sauce.  This dish would be great for weekend breakfast or brunch as well.  I suspect other proteins such as chorizo, sausages, bacon would go just as well.

Source:
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1898649/moroccan-meatball-tagine-with-lemon-and-olives

No comments:

Post a Comment