Saturday 14 March 2015

Low-Carb Eggplant Pizza

Friday Dinner

- Low-Carb Eggplant Pizza

Friday is "Pizza Night" at my household.  I love how I don't have to think about what to cook for dinner at the end of the week.

I usually make no-nead pizza dough with wholemeal and semolina flour but Thursday was a carb-loading day so I decided to make a low-carb pizza this week.

It really isn't much different to the pizza I make every week.  The only difference is the use of eggplant (cut into 1cm thickness) as a base.

For the sauce, I used tomato, harissa and pesto.  It was nice to have variations in flavour.  For toppings, I used onion, mushrooms, red capsicum, ham and pineapple.

Other than eggplant, zucchini, deep-fried tofu(Aburaage, Atsuage), chicken, pork, Okara, flaxseed and almond meal can be used as pizza base.  I will definitely try and post some of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment