Monday 16 March 2015

Lamb Roast with Sliced Garlic in Slits

Sunday Dinner

- Lamb Roast
- Roast Veggies (carrots, turnips, mushrooms, green beans, red capsicum)

Do you trust an ex-Vegan, Asian girl to cook a Sunday roast?

Well, it really isn't that bad, roasts are so easy anyway.  I don't know what the fuss is all about.  Its a "stick it into the oven meal" in the end.  My husband loves it every time.

I only started eating meat last year after 15years of avoiding meat.  Although it was very strange in the beginning, I got used to it pretty quickly and lamb is my favourite meat now.  I like how it is always so moist and doesn't have "beasty" smell.

I like simple cooking, simple always wins.  1.8kg leg of lamb is seasoned with 1.5tsp salt, pepper and sliced garlic in slits.  Cooked in 180˚C oven for 60~70mins on the bed of large chunks of veggies.

Check internal temperature of the meat after 45~60mins and decide how many more minutes it needs cooking.  I also add veggies that don't need a long time to cook at this point, green beans and red capsicum this time.

It was delicious as always.  I made coriander sauce but didn't need it, lamb has so much flavour and roast veggies are so sweet.  I love caramelised roast carrots.  They are divine.


Roast beef, lamb or goat internal temperature and doneness

60˚C Rare
60~65˚C Medium rare
65~70˚C Medium
70˚C Medium well done
75˚C Well done



No comments:

Post a Comment